Randy Smith on More Accurate Pitching

Since I spent so much time this beyond week at the Ryder Cup, I'm making this a method weekend. Yesterday I checked out better driving force play; today I'm at the other give up of the spectrum, pitching to the green.

This time I've gone to Randy Smith, one of Golf Digest's 50 Best Teachers, for a lesson on how to hit your pitches closer. And I'll be honest with you, it was these three pictures that drew me to his article. Those are the feet of PGA Tour player Martin Flores. (What? You didn't recognize them?) I'll give a brief summary of each picture.

Low pitch ball position

Low skipping pitch: Open stance, ball near trailing foot, square to slightly open club face with a fair amount of shaft lean.

Standard pitch ball position

Standard pitch: Square stance, middle ball position, square club face with slight forward shaft lean.

High pitch ball position

High quick-stopping pitch: Ball near lead foot, open club face with shaft vertical or leaning backward slightly. The article doesn't say but I'm guessing this is an open stance, much like a sand shot.

There's more to the thing than this -- including a few swing mind to help you get the desired consequences -- however it's uncommon to look the ball role and shaft lean as genuinely as those pics show.

This article has the capability to really assist you enhance your pitching, so make certain you test it out.

0 comments