What's Up with Yani?

Yani tees it up again today at the Safeway Classic (GC begins broadcasting at 6:30pm ET)... And I can not assist however marvel how she is going to do. She's fired her second caddy (I recognize Na Yeon Choi has already hired him) and now she will try again. What within the world has befell to that can not-leave out swing?

I've been looking to figure it out myself. Here are more than one vids -- it is hard to discover which are a ways enough apart timewise but are shot at roughly the same angles. This is the nice I've determined thus far. The first one became uploaded on 15 Feb 2011:

The 2nd was uploaded on 04 June 2012:

And right here are some stills I took from the two of them that are pretty similar. It's hard to forestall them in exactly the identical spot! In the primary nevertheless you may see the shaft is parallel to the ground; inside the 2nd, the shaft points closer to the ball (that blob is not the head of the club, however a mirrored image off the shaft -- the head is simply contacting the ball in the video); and within the 0.33, you may see the streak of the driver head at it approached the ball (it's just a few inches behind the ball), so it should be roughly the equal function as the second one:

2100/2012 comparison of Yani's swing

Clearly this isn't sufficient to say for positive what's occurring, but some thing is truely off. You'll observe I categorised this post beneath "weight shift." Let's evaluate the first two stills to the closing one. Here's what it seems like to me:

In the third still Yani's hands appear to be in the same position as the first still... but her feet are in the same position as the second still! What exactly does that mean?

I think she's seeking to hit the ball so difficult that she's sliding her hips towards the target more than standard. As a end result, she leans lower back a piece extra on the manner down -- it really is why her arms are farther back -- and he or she's slinging the clubhead beyond her arms as opposed to letting her hands get to the ball first. That's converting the path of her club as she hits the ball, so she compensates by means of flipping her palms. She's still getting maximum of her distance, however she's misplaced her accuracy.

It also looks like her left hip is a bit similarly forward in the 1/3 nevertheless than it's far in either of the other . That can be a mild distinction in the digital camera attitude, however it'd make sense if I'm right about her sliding her hips.

If you watch the top of her backswing carefully in the videos, it also looks to me like her downswing plane is now above her backswing plane -- in the first video, the two look to be about the same. Michael Breed and some of the other instructors would say it's a little over-the-top. I wouldn't say that, since she isn't going up when she makes that move. Her hands are moving down (not up) when they come outward, and she's not doing it a lot. That hip slide actually overrides the "outwardness" of her swing; her swing path actually drops down too much inside instead of moving way outside.

How should she restore this? Not being her teacher, I do not know what her herbal dispositions are. But it looks to me like she simply desires to "firm up" her decrease body. Look at this photos from the CVS Charity Classic again in June. There's a slo-mo later in the video:

I can not find an older video with a face-on view like this, however her hips appear to be moving plenty extra on this video than within the first video above. When I evaluate the motion of her proper knee inside the in advance movies, it looks like it is transferring more as well.

Anyway, that's what it looks as if to me. I actually have hassle believing she and Gary Gilchrist won't figure this out soon. But while your swing gets a bit "loose," it is able to take the time to discern out the way to "tighten it up" without getting too mechanical. If it became me, I'd likely try and sense as though I was starting the downswing with my upper and lower frame on the equal time, in view that her decrease body seems to be getting beforehand of things. And the picture I'd likely use is one of my favorites -- I'd believe I changed into throwing a Frisbee?, on account that I recognise I make a smooth weight shift after I do that.

For what it's worth, it really is my diagnosis. Not that Yani reads my blog...!

0 komentar