Charlie Hoffman Takes a Swing at the Heritage

I do not imply that the motion pictures I'm the use of in latest submit had been made at the RBC Heritage. I mean that Charlie's creating a play for a win there. After hard days -- the route is tight initially, and the wind got here up Friday -- the large man is tied for the lead at -6.

The precise motion pictures I'm the usage of have been uploaded to YouTube remaining July, however they virtually display what I suppose is making Charlie one of these chance down at Hilton Head. First, here are the films:

What I want you to pay attention to is Charlie's footwork. Looking on the face-on video, you could see that Charlie doesn't slide away from the target in the course of his backswing. If you vicinity your mouse pointer on his trailing hip as he starts offevolved away from the ball, you'll see that it stays quite stable till he starts down. That manner that his trailing foot and knee are "braced," to borrow a popular term -- they don't flow at the backswing.

Looking at the second video, that stability is even extra obvious. See how his head remains at roughly the identical top from the time he begins his backswing till he hits the ball? See how his body does not flow toward or far from the ball at some stage in that point? His backbone is in more or less the same spot the whole time, just rotating away from after which returned closer to his target.

A major reason for that his that he doesn't straighten his knees until after the ball is long gone. See how his trailing knee keeps a little bend all the way back to the top of his backswing? Just as importantly, I want you to see that his knee bends a little more as he comes down... but only enough to allow for his trailing hip to turn through. See how his trailing hip looks like it stays at the same height all the way through his swing until after the ball is well gone? That's because his trailing knee stays "soft" -- that is, he doesn't push up or just let it collapse during his swing.

That's a part of the important thing to maintaining a consistent swing aircraft throughout your swing... And a steady swing plane makes it plenty simpler to hit the ball wherein you're aiming. That's what Charlie Hoffman does, and it is permitting him to "thread the needle" on the ones narrow fairways down on the RBC Heritage.

0 comments