DUFNERING: The Key to Lower Scores!

At least it certain looks that manner to me. After all, Jason Dufner set a brand new file (sixty three) at Oak Hill's East Course and very almost have become the primary player ever to shoot 62 at a prime.

Here's the unique picture that Keegan Bradley tweeted lower back in March that started the "Dufnering" craze. Clearly, THIS is Jason's mystery:

Dufnering

What else should it be? Look at that excessive awareness, that steely glare, that masterful command of his body!

In fairness to Dufner, he later tweeted "What can I say, I was tired, my back hurt from sitting on the floor, and we were talking about relaxation and focusing. #dufnering" However, that explanation did nothing to stem the tide of copycat 'dufnerings' tweeted by other golf pros and fans.

But now, Dufnering lightly on pinnacle of the leaderboard, it seems like Jason may additionally get the remaining chortle, doesn't it?

Granted, he's simplest midway through the match and a few big names like Adam Scott, Matt Kuchar, Jim Furyk, Justin Rose, and Henrik Stenson are all within three shots. And different capability threats like Steve Stricker, Webb Simpson, Martin Kaymer, and Sergio Garcia are lurking simply in the back of them.

But at least now all of us recognize what Jason's watching in that unique image. It's the Wanamaker Trophy that escaped him more than one years in the past.... And he's chanting to himself:

"I Wanamaker mine... I Wanamaker mine... I Wanamaker mine..."

If he wins, I just might supply Dufnering a attempt myself.

0 comments