The School of Golf Short Game Fix

Martin Hall and Sara Brown published a video over at GC's website approximately Tiger's quick recreation troubles. It's quite plenty self-explanatory, so with out further ado here it is:

The drill at the beginning of the video is a easy one you can use on the direction earlier than you truly hit your shot to "find the bottom of your stroke." Make sure you do it beside the ball as Martin indicates and not some place else, since you want to be sure you recognize wherein the bottom is relative to the ball.

Ironically, Martin's suggestion about dealing with chipping yips -- although he has a different reason for doing it than I do -- is very similar to the drill I suggested for treating putting yips in my book Ruthless Putting. Given Martin's explanation, I would say that the player's eyes "jump" because of the hitting anxiety I talked about in my book.

But I bet that just goes to prove that the answer is pretty a lot the equal irrespective of what causes you to stab those putts and chips. If you cannot see the actual strike, it's an awful lot harder to debris it up!

0 comments