The Kobra Has Struck!

Lydia Ko bio pic from LPGA.comYes, I have formally nicknamed Lydia Ko "the Kobra." I think this is a sufficiently cool name for the most up-to-date golf sensation in girls's golf.

Oh, you think I'm going overboard? I can recognize why... However permit me tell you why I do not assume I am.

Did you know that, as of 27 August 2012,  Lydia Ko is now #45 on the Rolex World Rankings? It's true. She's up 140 spots from last week. She's now ahead of more-established pros like Michelle Wie (47), Karine Icher (50), Melissa Reid (54), Katherine Hull (57), and Sophie Gustafson (63), just to name a few.

See that photo at the side of this post? That came from Lydia's LPGA.com bio page ! Care to guess how many amateurs have a page at the pro site? It does look kinda funny, what with 1 win year-to-date but no wins and $ 0.00 earnings in the career column. (After all, she doesn't have a career yet.) I'm guessing it's a rush job since, at the time I checked it, it didn't show her Rolex World Ranking yet.

Of direction, that 1 win is her LPGA win. She also has that ALPG win on the South Wales Open again in January. That gives her 2 pro wins this 12 months.

The web site does have a stat web page, which I located interesting. (In addition to the Canadian Open, Lydia has 2 different LPGA tournaments at the books -- the 2012 U.S. Women's Open, wherein she finished T39, and the 2012 ISPS Handa Australian Open back in February, in which she become T19.) Lydia averages 251 yards off the tee, seventy eight% of her fairways, seventy two% of her GIR, and simply over 30 putts in line with spherical. I wanted to find her peak -- to get an concept of how common her period is -- however reputedly it's now not indexed at the net. I can tell you she's listed as a 5.Eight handicap on her web page on the Harbour Golf NZ internet site.

She additionally has a personal internet site, however it's under creation on the time I wrote this. Apparently her fulfillment has caught all and sundry offguard.

What I find really cool is that, because she's still an amateur, her U.S. Women's Amateur should count as a major just like the U.S. Amateur and British Amateur did for Bobby Jones. That gives her 2 pro wins worldwide, plus a major, in less than 8 months. Is there any golfer, male or female, who can make such a claim this year?

Hmmm... Did not assume so.

And, as I stated in the day prior to this's put up, Lydia is now qualified for the CME Group Titleholders event in November -- their Tour Championship -- and he or she'll be heading for the Ricoh Women's British Open in a couple of weeks.

So, no, I don't think I'm going overboard in any respect. The Kobra has struck, folks. And ladies's golf is about to find out just how dangerous a teenage girl can be... Even before she receives a driver's license. ;-)

0 komentar