My PGA Championship "5 to Watch"

Picking my "five to Watch" this week is difficult. Almost each person appears a piece flat to me proper now -- understandable, I guess, due to the fact there may be been little time to rest within the midst of this season-ending stretch -- and it's a chunk tough to bet who would possibly capture hearth.

Several players do not make my list... But simply slightly. Tiger is one of them; I'm a piece skeptical about his putting on these Pete Dye veggies. I suspect Tiger's recreation may be returned in opposition form with the aid of Masters time, however I don't suppose he'll get it completed this week. I put Lee Westwood on this class as well; he honestly fits my definition of "flat" right now. Perhaps he's just worn-out from transferring his family right here to the U.S.

I'm additionally a piece skeptical approximately Bubba Watson. Since carrying out the adoption paperwork Monday, I suspect he may have a bit of hassle getting again into competition mode this fast. The wind ought to work in opposition to him as well.

And there are a lot of players I think could win, I just can't find a reason why they should win, if you understand what I mean.

But sufficient about my "perhaps nots." Let's get to my choices:

  • Keegan Bradley: I know it's rare for a winner to double up, especially when the second win is a major. But I think Keegan has found whatever it was that he had lost for a while, and I like the fact that he seems to have lowered expectations this week. If he finds himself in the thick of it Sunday afternoon, I like his chances to finish the job.
  • Louis Oosthuizen: King Louie has been on the verge of getting one for several months now. He's proven he can get it done in the wind, and he's hitting it long and pure. He's definitely under the radar.
  • Thorbjorn Olesen: I've mentioned liking the "Thunder Bear" before. He's not cowed by the spotlight, and I think he could very well be the next first-time major winner.
  • Luke Donald: This is a course that seems like a disaster waiting to happen for Luke... and that's exactly why I think he may play well here. And given his strong finishes in his last two big events, there's no reason not to think it may carry over here.
  • Rory McIlroy: Yeah, this one's a shocker because I haven't been on the Rory bandwagon for a few months now. But I really like what I saw from him last week and think he may have turned the corner.
And while I'm not putting him on my short list, I think Tommy Gainey could be a dark horse. Being from South Carolina, this is a home game for him so he might have a little extra inspiration to play well this week.

That's my "5 to Watch" at the PGA Championship. If I have to narrow it to one, I'll pick Louis Oosthuizen. I really think he's overdue to break through, and I see no reason why it shouldn't be for his second major.

0 komentar