So Yeon Ryu's Footwork

While I turned into watching the Kraft Nabisco yesterday, I noticed a slo-mo near-up of Jane Park's leg- and footwork that I thought become actually instructive. However, I could not discover anything similar on YouTube.

But a bit looking grew to become up this video of So Yeon Ryu, who's presently at 1 along side most of the alternative parents we anticipated to be near the pinnacle of the leaderboard. This is brief -- a ordinary pace swing followed by way of a slo-mo -- and extraordinarily clear.

I do not want a lot of words to give an explanation for what is going on here. Here's what I want you to do, and you will analyze nearly the whole thing I may want to let you know in a single submit.

All I want you to do run the video a few times. Each time you do, role your mouse cursor over one of the following areas:

  • her trailing knee
  • her trailing hip
  • the lower left corner of that big sign behind her
Granted, this is a driver swing... but bear in mind that a driver swing has MORE motion than an iron swing. This is the most she moves during a normal swing.

I want you to peer (1) how long her trailing aspect remains stationary and (2) how little "targetward" motion there may be in her swing. If you are having hassle making appropriate touch with the ball, test your leg- and footwork. I guess you are transferring way an excessive amount of.

If you want a drill to practice that doesn't use a club -- so you can practice it even when you don't have a place to swing a club -- try the Body Movin' drill. And here's a recent post with a couple of other drills you can use, with or without clubs, that can help you calm down your excess body motion.

0 comments