A Michelle Wie Sighting!

She slipped underneath the radar on Friday, honestly unnoticed amid Tiger's all of sudden excessive spherical, Rory's sudden resurgence after a chat with Jack Nicklaus and a drastic alternate in the weather, and Andrew Dodt's ET record-making 2 hole-in-ones inside the same round. But there she became, nevertheless.

Yes, Michelle Wie popped up at the leaderboard on the ShopRite LPGA Classic. And it wasn't just an OK round -- she's solo fourth, an insignificant strokes off the lead. It turned into, I believe, only her fourth spherical within the 60s this season (a three-under sixty eight on a par-71 course).

I realize what you are going to say: "Why are you making this sort of massive deal of this? She can not put two suitable rounds together anymore. I've given up on her."

You're likely in appropriate organisation. It seems that almost all people believes Michelle is burned out or too stuck up in mechanics or simply does not care anymore.

I, then again, continue to trust she's simply readjusting from a dramatically specific college way of life. If professionals can tank for a year or simply due to one week wherein they win a first-rate, absolutely a chief life change like completing university is as a minimum as disruptive.

But what I find most amazing is that the problem doesn't seem to be her putting. Rather, it's her full swing that's giving her fits. This season she's hit only half her fairways and less than two-thirds of her GIR. That sounds unbelievable, given what a machine she's been in the past.

Of course, you could say the same about Rory! She's done much better this week though, hitting 12 of 14 fairways and 14 of 18 greens.

So I'll be watching today to see if she can follow up this 68 with another good round. GC will broadcast the second round of the ShopRite LPGA Classic today at 2:30-6:00pm ET. Maybe the rest of the world has given up on Michelle, but I haven't.

Even if she does appear like a doorstop whilst she putts.

Michelle putting

The photograph came from somewhere on collegegolfpass.Com.

0 comments