First of all, it took me forever but I finally found the TV schedule for the Senior Open Championship at Royal Birkdale. All four days -- ESPN2 will show it from noon till 2pm ET. It's not much, but it's all we got.
The weather seems like it will be an awful lot less difficult than it changed into at Muirfield last week, however that doesn't make picking a winner any simpler. This is the third directly important for a number of the seniors, and none of them have played specially nicely. Fred Couples turned into low guy at Muirfield and he finished T32 at nine. O'Meara gained there in 1998, but after two excellent opening rounds I wasn't that impressed with his weekend at Muirfield. It's hard to select any of the seniors from Muirfield to show up large this week.
Likewise, while Kenny Perry received the final 2 senior majors, I do not assume him to light it up at Royal Birkdale. I may be incorrect of path -- I've heard numerous commentators say Kenny's draw will play perfectly there. But he'll ought to show it to me; 3 straight majors for anyone now not named Inbee Park is a stretch for me.
Instead, I'm going with a name no one has mentioned: Bernhard Langer. So far this season he's got 2 wins, 2 seconds, and 2 thirds... and yet nobody seems to know he exists when it comes to talking majors. I think he's due.
So remember -- Senior Open Championship, noon till 2pm ET, ESPN2. That's the ticket.
0 comments