Hank Haney Tries Again

A few months back I wrote a post about the commercial for Hank Haney's Blueprint DVDs called A Misleading TV Ad . My problem wasn't with Haney or what he teaches -- as I said in that post, he's an excellent teacher -- but I objected to what I saw as a misleading TV ad. As I put it in that post:

Okay, here's the deal. No doubt you've visible the TV commercials for the new Hank Haney Blueprint DVDs at haneyblueprint.Com. The business tells you that in case you visit that internet site you'll discover a video that will let you know how you can reduce three, 6 or even 10 strokes off your recreation and moreover add 4mph in your swing speed. You are caused trust that you will watch a video that tells you a way to do this.

Technically, that's true. The video tells you to buy the DVDs. Wow, what a revelation. And then I listed some some things that bugged me about the video itself. You can go back and read those things if you wish.

Since that time Haney has been marketing some other website referred to as freehaneyvideo.Com that he says gives you an real free 30-minute training video with a entire lesson -- that's what you were brought about believe you'd get at the unique internet site. So, out of equity, I notion I'd pop over and spot in the event that they had addressed what I saw as deceptive advertising. And once more I actually have to say...

Technically I bet they've... However I'm no longer certain. You be the choose.

When you kind inside the internet site cope with you are taken to a slightly distinctive url that asks for your email deal with. In large type throughout the pinnacle it says:

"Enter your e mail deal with to get hold of 10 distinctive golfing training from Hank Haney, inclusive of get right of entry to to a 28-minute lengthy swing makeover where an newbie golfer delivered 70 yards to his average pressure after just one lesson."

You'll see the proof, plus get practical lessons to cure your slice, add real distance off the tee, and much more to make YOU a better golfer as quickly as your next round. For FREE. Then you are asked for your primary email address in order to watch "the next video from Hank." (Yes, it specifically asks for your PRIMARY email address. Apparently just any address won't do.)

I actually have combined emotions approximately this new website.

When I noticed the brand new commercial, I assumed that you went to a website where you would watch a free video. I apprehend that they need your e mail address as a way to send comply with-up emails to try and convince you to shop for the DVDs. (That's not unusual commercial enterprise exercise on many sites these days, as most of you've got probably found out.)

But while the site says this is all free and doesn't require a credit card, the fact remains that this doesn't sound like the same deal that was advertised on TV. In the commercial you were offered access to the 28-minute makeover video mentioned above... but doesn't this site say you're signing up "to receive 10 detailed golf lessons from Hank Haney" in addition to the 28-minute video?

I checked the hyperlinks at the lowest of the page (the terms of carrier and terms of use) and observed no clear clarification of precisely what I could get if I entered my e-mail cope with. Am I absolutely getting 10 golf training plus the 28-minute video, inquisitive about FREE? The little blurb beneath the photo in the decrease left of the web page clearly appears to say so.

If that's the case, then why didn't Hank say you would get 10 free golf lessons plus the makeover video in his TV commercial for the site? Wouldn't that be more likely to draw more takers?

That's never truly defined. As a result, it bothers me.

So I bet I'm still now not satisfied. This is not anything against Haney or what he teaches -- again I repeat, Haney is an first rate teacher and I'm positive the material is first-rate -- but I truly don't like the way that is being presented to the general public. Come on, Hank, you are better than this!

BTW Hank, when you send me to a web address for free stuff that includes the words "ambush_opt" as part of the url, that's a real red light for me. Just a little head's-up there.

0 comments