A Putting Drill from Ian Baker-Finch

I'm certain many of you recognize that Ian Baker-Finch has grow to be some thing of a setting and short game guru among PGA and LPGA gamers. (So Yeon Ryu is one among his students who at once comes to thoughts.) I located this short video he did for Odyssey Golf that details considered one of his setting drills, if you'd like to see what he teaches.

What I like approximately this drill is his emphasis on touch and feel, on getting the speed of your putts proper. While you need to get your putts on-line, more putts omit due to the fact they may be hit too tough (or too gentle) than are ignored with a terrible line. If your velocity is inaccurate, the right line won't always assist you!

Ian's technique is a chunk greater mechanical than I would educate, however there are such a lot of distinct instructors simply because not every body learns the identical manner -- and of direction, you don't must be mechanical when you exercise if you don't need to be. If you are looking for a new putting drill to attempt, I suppose that is a superb one. Any time you avoid simply hitting the same putt time and again, it truly is an excellent element.

0 comments