Mike Malaska's Split Grip L-to-L Drill (Video)

With the Stanley Cup playoffs underway right here in America, I notion it might be neat to present you a hockey-fashion drill. And considering certainly one of my favorite drills is the L-to-L drill (right here's just one of the posts I've performed on it, with two variations of the drill from Mike Malaska) and I additionally located a hockey-fashion L-to-L drill from Mike Malaska himself...

One thing I want you to note here is that Malaska says you can actually hit balls with this drill! That's unusual for hockey-style drills because of the split grip. While you wouldn't want to do this on the course, it's a great way to really feel how the wrists should work in order to uncock late in the downswing. After all, that's how you create clubhead speed.

Pay near interest to Malaska's palms when using the split grip. You'll observe that his palms get very near his thighs all through effect, a good way to assist you create the suitable wrist motion with a split grip. Even with a break up grip, you need to hold your wrists and forearms as comfortable as sensible; that also helps you create clubhead velocity.

Also observe that you need to get a good shoulder turn into your end to be able to hold your wrists from rolling over at impact. This is crucial in case you need to create a number of clubhead speed with a regular grip as properly.

I love the reality that Malaska offers you such a lot of views of the way this drill looks from the standpoint of the end. You can use a mirror to help you get the ideal aircraft -- this is, no forearm roll on the finish -- in case you're having trouble.

I comprehend that, for many of you, this drill could have restrained use. But if you're without a doubt having problem getting the ideal experience within the L-to-L drill, this will be the price tag for you.

0 comments