The Limerick Summary: 2019 Sentry Tournament of Champions

Winner: Xander Schauffele

Around the wider world of golf: Unless there was a tournament in Asia I don't know about, the PGA Tour was the only game in town.

Xander Schauffele with Sentry ToC trophy

This is a extremely demanding starting to 2019. Those of you who follow my blog know my report at choosing winners is none too good. (I even have, at times, even apologized to players in my weblog for picking them to win and therefore jinxing them.)

However, last week I picked Xander Schauffele to win the Sentry Tournament of Champions... And he did. That approach I'm one-for-one in my alternatives to this point this yr.

A stressful notion indeed.

Not so traumatic for Xander, of path. He reminded me less of a young golfer and more of an skilled looking canine who, having caught a whiff of his prey, tracks the helpless creature all the way to its lair where it drops at his toes, exhausted. All he did become come from 5 pictures again -- the largest deficit ever for a winner at Kapalua -- and tie the path record of -11 to conquer Gary Woodland with the aid of one.

Of course, he did it with a birdie on the very last hole. It turned into that type of day for Xander.

I'm now not going to offer Gary the tough time he obtained from maximum of the analysts. I idea he did enough to win -- let's now not ignore the reality that Xander set a report for largest come-from-at the back of win at this event. Xander without a doubt did something unbelievably clutch that no person predicted.

No one however me, of course. Very stressful indeed!

Still, it's a first rate start to Xander's 2019. He no longer simplest provides to his win general, however also to that incredibly proper overall of Limerick Summaries received for the duration of a career. I surprise whilst the Tour will add a stat for that?

For Xander, this round became a dream.

He came out of nowhere, it seemed,

To take Woodland down.

Xander ran him to floor

And then finished him off at eighteen. The photo came from this page at golfweek.com.

0 comments