I Guess I Picked Rose Too Soon

That sounds bizarre even to me... However it seems like it's genuine. I picked Justin Rose to win on the Desert Classic last week and he came in T34. But have a look at him pass at the Farmers Insurance Open!

36-hole leader Justin Rose

After rounds of sixty three-sixty six Rose tied the event document for 36 holes. I realize that doesn't mean an entire lot, as Phil demonstrated ultimate week. Still, you need to like Justin's possibilities with a three-stroke lead on a tough route. (The closing rounds could be performed on Torrey's South Course, the tougher of the 2 and the area where he shot sixty six Friday.)

Hideki Matsuyama, ultimately feeling higher from all his injuries, is most effective three back. The trio of Ryan Palmer, Billy Horschel and Jon Rahm (my different pick ultimate week) are 5 back. And we all know that whatever can show up at Torrey.

But this weekend the winds are supposed to be about similar to they have been on Friday and the temperature is predicted to drop barely. These are the sort of hard situations that Justin Rose thrives in -- situations wherein par is a incredible score.

I sure wouldn't wager in opposition to him this weekend. Just wish I'd waited a week before I picked him to win a event.

0 comments