The BMW PGA Debuts in Its New Spot

Yes, it changed into in May lower back in 2018 but with all of the tours shuffling schedules to deal with the Olympics and such, the ET's BMW PGA Championship has moved to September.

Defending champion Francesco Molinari

I actually have usually considered the BMW PGA as being just under a primary, and in my vintage factor machine this occasion carried the equal weight as THE PLAYERS. That's due to the fact that is a flagship event for the ET and the records of Wentworth by myself offers this tournament tremendous weight.

Now, despite the fact that the World Golf Hall of Fame does not deliver this event the equal weight as THE PLAYERS, I rank it above the WGC events and still remember it a close to-major. In my opinion it's the sort of event that may are expecting a destiny important winner.

Francesco Molinari, the defending champion, is just one instance of that.

This event is a who's-who of global golfing, even though it doesn't include a huge wide variety of big American names. Patrick Reed appears to be the main one, however Billy Horschel is also getting a variety of attention with his first appearance. He expressed his preference to play there more than one years back and has eventually made correct on it.

But the rest of the sector is the sector's excellent. Not only due to Wentworth's stature as a venue however because that is the stretch run for the Race to Dubai. We're going to look some of stacked ET occasions leading as much as their Tour Championship!

One note: I have to amend my Twofer Tuesday picks as I thought I saw Viktor Hovland on the Sanderson Farms field list when he's actually playing the BMW PGA. So I'm changing my Top10er there to Corey Conners, last year's runner-up, and will change it in the Twofer Tuesday post.

GC's coverage begins Thursday morning at 5am ET and runs until 1pm ET. That's eight hours of live coverage! Clearly GC feels as I do about this event. Nice!

0 comments