He says he just is not focused yet. I suppose he is been celebrating a lot -- in the end, hazy questioning normally follows an abundance of parties.
I've referred to that I always allow important winners a "grace length" to get used to the new demands of the win... And sure, to get over the celebrations. (When Bubba gained the Masters, I certainly gave him an extended grace duration because he turned into also busy adopting his son all through that time.) And perhaps Phil will get targeted for subsequent week's PGA Championship because I'm certain he can scent every other principal within his grasp.
But most effective 18 gamers shot under par. What's their excuse? To call some names, Matt Kuchar's 3, Adam Scott's three, and Charl Schwartzel's four. These are all players you expect to play nicely at Firestone. (Phil can at the least point to distinctly bad showings within the previous couple of years at this occasion.)
While it's nonetheless early, multiple my alternatives are doing properly. Jim Furyk is -three and Harris English is E. And from my "gamers to watch" on the cease of the August RGWR submit, Henrik Stenson is -five (simply one off the lead) or even the usually unstable Ian Poulter is -1.
I'll be involved to peer if Phil really can positioned it together and make a run this week... But I actually have a sense he's going to want that grace duration. After all, he's sporting the Claret Jug round with him... And he is made it clear that it's getting used quite a piece.
I wager he earned it.
0 comments