Martin Hall had some good tips on playing trouble shots last night on School of Golf, but today I want to pass on a tip that wasn't on the show. It was a bonus on the GC website, and I've included it in this post.
This clip has two tips -- the second one is the way to hit a genuinely high hook -- however the one I need you to see is the first one, on hitting a definitely low shot out of deep grass and under tree branches. Most folks need this one at a while or any other.
The most shocking element Martin says is that you DON'T need to use a straighter-confronted club like a long iron or fairway timber. Instead, he is were given Holly the use of a 7-iron. This shot is set extremes, due to the fact you've got to get as little grass between membership and ball as feasible whilst keeping the shot very low. Here are the key factors:
- Choose a lofted iron like a 7-iron.
- Move the ball back in front of the toes of your trailing foot.
- Put your weight over your lead foot and keep it there throughout the swing.
- Put your hands in front of your lead thigh (i.e., really tilt the shaft forward).
- Take the club up sharply on the backswing.
- Chop down sharply on the downswing.
- Try to keep the club low to the ground for the finish.
Hopefully this tip will save you a few strokes. I comprehend it'll save me a few... I'd have pulled out the longer iron.
0 comments