Looking Ahead to Saturday's Matches

This is some other case of me posting early however maximum of you'll nonetheless likely see the matches earlier than you examine this post. Here are my takes on Friday and my predictions for Saturday. We'll see how nicely I do.

First, let me say that I think Tom Watson's about to change the standard strategy for the US team -- namely, don't make anybody play all 5 sessions. Tom certainly intimated as much in his news conference where he remained noncommittal on whether he would sit guys or not.  On the first day Tom (and Paul too, for that matter) wanted to play every member of his team to see how they would do. There was some controversy when Tom chose not to play a certain pairing in both sessions...

Spieth and Reed

I suspect we will see Spieth / Reed and Fowler / Walker the relaxation of the manner out. (They're the electricity groups; trip 'em!) I additionally count on Furyk and Kuchar to play the relaxation of the way, despite the fact that I do not think they may play together. (I can be wrong, as that would mean that Bradley could NOT be paired with Mickelson within the afternoon. But it's my feeling.) And I suspect a few different gamers are going to sit till Sunday -- particularly Webb Simpson. I suppose I'd ship out Furyk / Johnson and Kuchar / Bradley in the afternoon.

For the Euros, I suspect Dubuisson / McDowell, Rose / Stenson, Donaldson / Westwood, and Bjorn / Kaymer will be the afternoon foursomes. Why mess with fulfillment? Let Rory and Sergio rest for singles, and unless Poulter performs better Saturday morning, sit down him as nicely.

I'm no longer surprised Gallacher struggled a piece, just as I'm no longer amazed the alternative 5 beginners performed extremely nicely. It's difficult being the homeland boy, specifically with all the connections his father had to the event. High expectancies on a first-timer are hard; the opposite novices sort of snuck in under the radar. Their play bodes nicely for each teams.

The US did not play as horrific as they will have looked. Had the team draws come up in a different way in the afternoon, the results would were a bit higher for the United States -- even though I suppose it's probably the Euros could have nevertheless had a single point lead.(I think that's why Tom is setting Furyk and Kuchar out again this morning.) As it stands, I anticipate the US to gain a point lower back these days, triumphing 4.5 of the eight factors up for grabs.

So on the quit of today, I expect the Euros to be up eight.Five - 7.Five over the USA. If I'm right, Sunday singles have to be pretty interesting.

0 comments