Putting Tweaks at the Lorena Ochoa Invitational

If you're like me, you couldn't help but be aware how marvelous the ladies were at the Lorena Ochoa Invitational. Perhaps it's the altitude (and the resulting greater distance) that has made their iron play appearance so fantastic. Being capable of use shorter irons coming into the greens continually makes it a piece less complicated to prevent the ball, specially whilst they may be hard.

But even as watching the golf Friday and reading some of the interviews at LPGA.Com, I couldn't help but word how a number of the players in particular pointed out setting adjustments.

Christina Kim

In the Round 2 notes, for example, Christina Kim specifically singled out her putting although she said she's been trying to improve everything. (In her own words, "I've had to rebuild from the ground up.") She didn't mention any particular aspect of her putting that was getting special attention, but the way she phrased her answer indicated that she's been specifically working on her patience. Again, in her own words, when asked what she had worked on to prepare for the tournament she said:

"My endurance. I've been operating on my placing plenty. I like to suppose I'm an excellent putter, but the rankings do not necessarily replicate what it's far which you're doing and what you're running on."
Likewise, although Paula Creamer detailed some technical details she and her instructor David Whelan had worked on with her iron play, she also went into some detail about putting changes:

"I switched to left hand low and I switched my complete putter at Evian and that's been top-of-the-line factor that I've finished. I simply have a variety of self belief. I'm surely, my routine and what I do once I'm over the ball is the same on every occasion. It's extra approximately velocity in preference to considering my stroke or considering this. I recognise that it is strong and we've been running truly difficult on that. It's greater of a confidence and seeing the ball go inside the hollow."
And in the Round 1 notes Azahara Munoz credited the speed of the greens for some of her putting success:

"I love that the greens are definitely brief. Sometimes, most of the time, I clearly struggle getting the ball to the hollow and right here, I don?T should fear approximately that. Definitely the ball is getting there."
Aza also said she felt she should have made a lot more putts on Thursday. Don't we all?

But perhaps the maximum thrilling be aware turned into misplaced inside the broadcast Friday afternoon. You may don't forget a submit I did few weeks back approximately Suzann Pettersen splitting from longtime educate David Leadbetter. In that submit I puzzled who might be Suzann's next train.

Well, there is been no statement yet... But the GC group did mention that Suzann's setting regarded to have improved this week based on a putting tip she got from Butch Harmon. Does that suggest the two are in that "tryout" length that gamers and potential coaches frequently undergo? I don't know... However it does endure watching.

0 comments